Devamrita Swami: what to do in life
This is a very provocative verse. Krishna rejects all false pleasure. Shouldn??(TM)t there be a balance between both false and real pleasure? Physiologists say that repression can be damaging to the psyche.
No! Would you make a balance with real and counterfeit money? A yogi has better things to do than enjoy false pleasure. And, by the way, psychologist is the profession with the highest suicide rate.
Detachment requires training. We must know what is good, what is bad and get a taste of the real, unlimited pleasure obtainable by concentrating on the Supreme. Such spiritual pleasure is far, far higher than the highest material pleasure (sex life). It is worth the small inconvenience necessary to obtain it. Material pleasure simply traps us.
- What is the role of intuition when choosing a guru?
- How to employ the material elements for the atma-tattva?
- Why do you wear a watch? Time does not play a role for Krishna! You??(TM)re under the same material stress and time pressure as everyone else. Isn??(TM)t that a contradiction?
- What does it mean to serve Krishna?
- But Krishna talks of two yogas: jnana and bhakti?